Josh Mamaclay is a lead teacher at the Milk Street Cooking School and a cast member on Milk Street Television. He's been fascinated by flavor since he first dove into the back of the pantry when he was 10 years old. His passion for food brought him to Johnson & Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island, where he earned his bachelor's degree in culinary arts and food service management. Since then, Josh has worked in a handful of restaurants, which led him to his true calling: creating memorable experiences of culinary exploration in the home kitchen. Josh currently develops recipes for plant-based meal delivery services Purple Carrot and TB12. When he’s not busy cooking, you can find him taking his sweet time photographing food long before he actually eats it, adding to his list of cringe-worthy food-related band names, or strumming his ukulele.
Get started now!
What to expect in our classes:
- Short, clear and concise lessons tailored for the busy home cook.
- Gain kitchen confidence. Lessons that get you ready for cooking success because you learn the why behind a recipe before you cook and not during or, worse, after you are done. You will cook the recipes from class better once you’ve walked through a lesson with us.
- Lessons based on technique, skills and ideas that apply broadly to cooking but presented in the specific context of a recipe you can make tonight
- Optional quizzes and at-home cooking challenges and experiments
- Downloadable handouts on ingredients, skills, theory and more
- 10+ downloadable extra recipes to continue your practice once class is done
- Social media engagement.
- Class chat forums
- Optional add-on for personalized teacher access
What NOT to expect:
- Long, step-by-step recipe videos that you have to start and stop while you cook
- Classes that teach you how to make one recipe without showing you how to become a better cook.
Who our classes are perfect for:
- The curious home cook who wants to learn why cooking works but who also craves new, bold and simple recipes for great dinners tonight.