Cookish Part 2: How to Thow It Together
Learn the skills you need to cook quickly, confidently and easily without a recipe. Part 2.
Get started now!
Praise for Milk Street's online classes
I have to say, this course definitely leaves me feeling very empowered. I can take your methods and adjust a random recipe; I'm learning a lot. Thank you so much - I'm really having fun. And I've had fish 4 times in this past week - I don't think I've ever had this much fish from my own kitchen before!
- Pamela, Fearless Fish
"I am a 75 yr old retired male-cooking things I never thought I would--exciting-great challenge-looking forward to learning more in the future-Thanks!"
- Mike, Milk Street Cooking School
"I have always loved to cook, but have fallen into a rut in the past several years . . . I basically cooked the same boring old meals every week and then was annoyed that they were the same boring old meals. I'm not exaggerating when I say that the first course I completed, Not My Mother's Chicken, completely changed my relationship with cooking for my family. It helped me rediscover everything I used to love about cooking and the act became something fun, not a chore. Thank you for that, and I look forward to all of your new offerings!"
- Estella, Not My Mother's Chicken
What to expect in our classes:
- Short, clear and concise lessons tailored for the busy home cook.
- Gain kitchen confidence. Lessons that get you ready for cooking success because you learn the why behind a recipe before you cook and not during or, worse, after you are done. You will cook the recipes from class better once you’ve walked through a lesson with us.
- Lessons based on technique, skills and ideas that apply broadly to cooking but presented in the specific context of a recipe you can make tonight
- Optional quizzes and at-home cooking challenges and experiments
- Downloadable handouts on ingredients, skills, theory and more
- Extra recipes to continue your practice once class is done
- Class chat forums
What NOT to expect:
- Long, step-by-step recipe videos that you have to start and stop while you cook
- Classes that teach you how to make one recipe without showing you how to become a better cook.
Who our classes are perfect for:
- The curious home cook who wants to learn why cooking works but who also craves new, bold and simple recipes for great dinners tonight.
Frequently Asked Questions
Josh Mamaclay is a lead teacher at the Milk Street Cooking School and a cast member on Milk Street Television. He's been fascinated by flavor since he first dove into the back of the pantry when he was 10 years old. His passion for food brought him to Johnson & Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island, where he earned his bachelor's degree in culinary arts and food service management. Since then, Josh has worked in a handful of restaurants, which led him to his true calling: creating memorable experiences of culinary exploration in the home kitchen. Josh currently develops recipes for plant-based meal delivery services Purple Carrot and TB12. When he’s not busy cooking, you can find him taking his sweet time photographing food long before he actually eats it, adding to his list of cringe-worthy food-related band names, or strumming his ukulele.