Milk Street Steak House
From quick cooking weeknight suppers to celebratory steak dinners, all you need to know to make steak just the way you want it.
Praise for Milk Street's online classes
I have to say, this course definitely leaves me feeling very empowered. I can take your methods and adjust a random recipe; I'm learning a lot. Thank you so much - I'm really having fun. And I've had fish 4 times in this past week - I don't think I've ever had this much fish from my own kitchen before!
- Pamela, Fearless Fish
"I am a 75 yr old retired male-cooking things I never thought I would--exciting-great challenge-looking forward to learning more in the future-Thanks!"
- Mike, Milk Street Cooking School
"I have always loved to cook, but have fallen into a rut in the past several years . . . I basically cooked the same boring old meals every week and then was annoyed that they were the same boring old meals. I'm not exaggerating when I say that the first course I completed, Not My Mother's Chicken, completely changed my relationship with cooking for my family. It helped me rediscover everything I used to love about cooking and the act became something fun, not a chore. Thank you for that, and I look forward to all of your new offerings!"
- Estella, Not My Mother's Chicken
What to expect in our classes:
- Short, clear and concise lessons tailored for the busy home cook.
- Gain kitchen confidence. Lessons that get you ready for cooking success because you learn the why behind a recipe before you cook and not during or, worse, after you are done. You will cook the recipes from class better once you’ve walked through a lesson with us.
- Lessons based on technique, skills and ideas that apply broadly to cooking but presented in the specific context of a recipe you can make tonight
- Optional quizzes and at-home cooking challenges and experiments
- Downloadable handouts on ingredients, skills, theory and more
- Extra recipes to continue your practice once class is done
- Class chat forums
What NOT to expect:
- Long, step-by-step recipe videos that you have to start and stop while you cook
- Classes that teach you how to make one recipe without showing you how to become a better cook.
Who our classes are perfect for:
- The curious home cook who wants to learn why cooking works but who also craves new, bold and simple recipes for great dinners tonight.
Frequently Asked Questions
Bianca Borges, Milk Street contributing recipe developer and television cast member, was formerly the culinary director for the “Today” show. While working with Christopher Kimball on his segments, she enjoyed their easy rapport as they discussed thoughts on food and cooking. In the '80s, Bianca unwittingly launched a career in food by giving up waitressing to roll out pasta. Over time, she became pastry cook, pastry instructor, recipe developer and food stylist for the newly launched TV Food Network, as well as other positions created during this exciting period of growth within the food industry. She became food stylist for the “Today” show in 2003, working alongside the most talented chefs and innovators in food, including Chris. Following three and a half decades of food travel and work, Bianca is thrilled to find a home at Milk Street, and to have two grown daughters who still text her for cooking advice.